TERRACOTTA WARRIORS TRIP TO CHINA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF FLORIDA) (“CONTINENTAL U.S.”), AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL U.S. WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, FLORIDA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the continental U.S. who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of TSX Operating Company, LLC (“Sponsor”), its promotional partner New York Media, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Promotion Administrator”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Terracotta Warriors Trip to China Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 23, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on August 24, 2012 (“Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes by one of two ways: (1) go to discoveryts.com/chinatrip, access the Sweepstakes entry form, and complete as directed; or (2).enter by scanning a picture of the QR Code® found in Sweepstakes advertisements using your smart phone. You will then be redirected to an online entry form that will collect your name, address, email address, and telephone number. If you do not have a QR Code® application, download a QR Code® reader application on your web-enabled cell phone or smart phone. Participants are solely responsible for any wireless charges incurred. Standard text message and data rates apply to each message sent or received. Not all wireless carriers participate.
Submit your entry so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM PT on August 24, 2012. Limit one (1) entry per person/email/wireless account per day regardless of method of entry. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator.
4. RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about August 27, 2012, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize: a trip to China for two (2) people to take place September 29 – October 6, 2012. Prize consists round trip Business Class air travel for two people to China on Air China from JFK International Airport and a Discovery Adventures Classic China Adventure trip for two people (http://discoveryadventures.com/trips/classic-china-adventure/ACCAD/2011/).
Air China tickets are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets will not be replaced. Air China reserves the right to revise rules and conditions at any time without notice. Air China is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice. Approximate Retail Value of airfare portion of the Grand Prize is $17,800. The Classic China Adventure trip consists of standard double-occupancy accommodations for duration of trip; daily excursions and guided tours; and some meals. Services of a professional travel specialist who will coordinate and book all travel components are included. ARV of Classic China Adventures trip is $3,600. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Hotels and other transportation selected by Sponsors. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, must comply with all security requirements and are solely responsible for obtaining their respective travel insurance and travel documents such as passports, visas, and proof of current vaccinations (all as may be required by law), for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified. Additional releases and qualifications may be imposed by activity providers. Grand Prize winner’s guest, who must be 21 years of age or older, must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Trip must be taken at time determined by Sponsor, September 29 – October 6, 2012, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $21,400.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by phone on August 27, 2012 between 1:00 PM ET and 5:00 PM ET, must be reached by phone when called, and must verbally confirm his/her acceptance of the prize, availability of himself/herself and his/her guest to travel to China on September 29 – October 6, 2012. If the selected winner cannot be reached when telephone notification is attempted, or is unable to travel to China on September 29 – October 6, 2012, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be chosen and contacted. Potential winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsors’ request. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sponsor and its designees to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer, telephone or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, failed, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, including without limitation, server malfunction, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising, display, or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the sweepstakes, in which case the prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any other Internet Web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, with jurisdiction and venue in New York, New York, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of New York, New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity and unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
Limitation of Liability/Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SWEEPSTAKES AND USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive winner’s name, mail a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Terracotta Warriors Trip to China Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06470-0750 for receipt by August 31, 2012.
Sponsor: TSX Operating Company, LLC, 70 West 40th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2012 TSX Operating Company, LLC. All rights reserved.