“The Hunger Games: The Exhibition” New York Comic Con Ticket Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: “The Hunger Games: The Exhibition” ticket giveaway (the “ticket giveaway”) will take place at Discovery Times Square (the “Museum”) on October 7th, 2015 at approximately 9:30pm Ticket giveaway starts on or around September 30th, 2015 and ends on October 7th, 2015. Participation in ticket giveaway does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in ticket giveaway, each entrant (and his or her parent or legal guardian if entrant is an eligible minor), unconditionally consents and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Discovery Times Square dba TSX Operating Co., LLC, 226 West 44th Street, New York, New York 10036 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all matters.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Ticket giveaway is open only to legal residents of the United States and D.C., eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor, Artisan Home Entertainment, Inc. (“Artisan”), subsidiary and affiliated companies (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to as the “Promotion Entities”), along with their immediate family members (spouses, children, siblings, parents and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter ticket giveaway or win a prize. Void where prohibited. Artisan is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of ticket giveaway or the selection of winners.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two methods of entry into the ticket giveaway. Method One: automatic entry by attending The Hunger Games Podcast Trivia night to be held at museum on October 7th at 7:30pm and registering on site. Method Two: Visit the website http://6226858.polldaddy.com/s/nysw-comic-con-alternative-entry and following the online instructions.
4. PRIZES: One grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize will consist of two (2) three day passes to New York COMICCON 2015. The grand prize is valued at $210.
5. SELECTION METHOD: The grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing sweepstakes based on all valid entries on October 7th at approximately 9:30pm EST. If a winning entry is selected and the winner is not present at the museum at time of drawing, the winner will be contacted via email. Winner will then have 24 hours to respond before an alternate winner will be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s (and any minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in ticket giveaway or any Game-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of ticket giveaway, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of ticket giveaway, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate ticket giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that ticket giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of ticket giveaway as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with ticket giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate ticket giveaway. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH TICKET GIVEAWAY SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
9. DISPUTES: By participating in ticket giveaway, each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that: (1) any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) ticket giveaway, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any Prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation (each, a “Claim”) entrant may have against the Sponsor will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in New York, New York; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with ticket giveaway; (5) the arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or Sponsor; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD, and entrant is unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on entrant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
10. WINNERS LIST: For any legally required winner’s list, send a request by email to email@example.com
“The Hunger Games” motion pictures and all associated marks and materials ™ and © 2015 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.