DISCOVERY TSX “WIN A TRIP TO ITALY" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("CONTINENTAL U.S."), AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the continental U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Arts and Exhibitions International (“Sponsor"), Discovery Communications, LLC, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Promotion Administrator"), Gap Adventures, Alitalia, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Discovery TSX "Win A Trip to Italy" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on April 28, 2010 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 5, 2011 ("Sweepstakes Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter the Sweepstakes: online, via Twitter and via Facebook. Online entry begins on April 28, 2011; entering via Twitter and Facebook begins on May 2, 2011.
To enter online: Visit http://www.discoverytsx.com/pompeii/sweeps (after May 1, 2011, go to http://www.discoverytsx.com/sweeps/index.php) and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM PT on September 5, 2011.
Tweet on Twitter to Win: Go to http://www.discoverytsx.com/sweeps/twitter.php and follow the instructions to send the Tweet posted at the web page. Then complete the online entry form and submit so it is received by Sponsor’s server no later than 11:59 PM ET on September 5, 2011. Note that by submitting an entry, you will be sending the Tweet posted at http://www.discoverytsx.com/sweeps/twitter.php and you will follow @DiscoveryTS and @DiscoveryTravel on Twitter.
"Like" on Facebook to Win: Go to http://www.discoverytsx.com/sweeps/facebook.php and click on the "Like to Win" box. Then complete the online entry form and submit so it is received by Sponsor’s server no later than 11:59 PM ET on September 5, 2011. Note that by submitting an entry, you will “Like” the Discovery Times Square Exposition Page on Facebook.
All requested information on the entry form must be completed to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Limit one (1) online entry, one (1) "Tweet on Twitter to Win" entry and one (1) "Like on Facebook to Win" entry per person. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only entrant's first entry during the Sweepstakes Period will count. No third party entry or entry through sweepstakes service permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Administrator, will be disqualified. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator.
Note that by entering the Sweepstakes, you will be signed up to receive special email updates regarding Discovery Times Square Exposition, Discovery Channel and Discovery Adventures, until you choose to unsubscribe.
4. RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about September 9, 2011, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize: Discovery Adventures' 9-day Italy Culture and History Explored Adventure for two people. Prize consists of daily excursions and guided tours in Venice, Florence, Siena and Rome, hotel accommodations; and some meals. Services of a professional travel specialist who will coordinate and book all Discovery Adventures travel components are included. Air transportation will be provided on an Alitalia (Alitalia - Compagnia Aerea Italiana S.p.A) operated flight between any Alitalia US gateway (Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York JFK or Newark) and any Alitalia destination in Italy. Confirmation is based on availability and travel will be in economy class (upgrading is not allowed); the total value is $1,500 per ticket and may not exceed that level. Tickets are not transferable, may not be refunded for monetary value or exchanged, and must be booked directly with Alitalia; contact information and instructions for booking travel will be given at time of prize win notification. Air travel must take place between October 1, 2011 and December 10, 2012 (blackout dates apply) or the Alitalia portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $8,498. Actual value will be determined by winner's residence and seasonal rates. Expenses not specified will be winner's responsibility. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation selected by Sponsor. Discovery Adventures trip must be completed by December 31, 2012 or Discovery Adventures trip portion of the prize will be forfeited. If the Discovery Adventures' Italy Culture and History Explored Adventure is unavailable before December 31, 2012, winner will receive a cash prize of $4,000 in lieu of the Discovery Adventures portion of the prize.
Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, must comply with all security requirements and are solely responsible for obtaining their respective travel insurance and travel documents such as passports, visas, and proof of current vaccinations (all as may be required by law). Additional releases and qualifications may be imposed by activity providers. Winner's guest, or a parent or legal guardian if guest is a minor, must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents
Potential winner will be notified via the information collected on the entry form. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Potential winner will be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release within 10 days of notification attempt or prizes will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from among remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner fails to respond within timeframe specified in notification letter, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, prize will either be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, or parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of winner. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, entrants agree [i] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; [ii] any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; and if a winner, [iii] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. All prizes will be awarded. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or safety or security reasons, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible and shall not be liable for: failures or malfunctions of interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections; availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite or telephone transmissions, line or technical failures, errors or difficulties, malfunction of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communication malfunctions; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic, cellular telephone related or otherwise; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; late, lost, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries, text or email messages, or postage-due mail; any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; printing, typographical or other errors appearing in these Official Rules, or in other Sweepstakes related materials; or errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes, the cancellation or postponement of any event, or the processing of entries. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor's representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Use of script, macro or any other mechanical or automated means device to automate entry is prohibited and any entries received through such means will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of http://www.discoverytsx.com/pompeii/sweeps . Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of any conflict between the Official Rules and any abbreviated rules or advertising distributed in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules posted at http://www.discoverytsx.com/pompeii/sweeps/rules-and-regulations shall prevail.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the "authorized account holder" associated with the email account at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsor's satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, with jurisdiction and venue in New York, New York, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of New York, New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity and unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
Limitation of Liability/Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SWEEPSTAKES AND USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive winner's name, mail a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Discovery TSX "Win A Trip to Italy" Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06470-0750 for receipt by September 30, 2011.
Sponsor: Arts and Exhibitions International, 199 East Garfield Road, Aurora, OH 44202
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor, not Facebook.
Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and does not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Sweepstakes.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.