The Art of the Brick Building Contest has ended.
Please check back with us in the future for other opportunities!
Calling All LEGO® Brick Lovers and Builders!
... IT'S BACK!
Announcing the second round of
THE ART OF THE BRICK Building Contest!
Feeling creative? Show us your talent!
Submit photos of your own brick masterpieces to
The Art of the Brick Building Contest!
Winning selections will have their artwork featured at
Discovery Times Square in New York City!
In conjunction with the blockbuster exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK, which features the celebrated artwork of Nathan Sawaya, DISCOVERY TIMES SQUARE is running a very special contest. We are looking to feature the artwork of up to 40 talented artists to showcase. Selected works will be displayed at Discovery Times Square starting September 16th through January 5th 2014!
(please see the below guidelines to enter, they have changed slightly from the first contest)
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• No purchase necessary.
• All submissions must include the name, age, and location of the entrant and contact information including phone number and/or email. If under the age of 18, contact information for a parent or guardian is required. All submissions should also include a title for the artwork.?
• All entrants under the age of 18 are required to have permission from their parent or guardian to enter this contest.?
• All entrants are limited to ONE submission per contest period.
• Photos of submissions must be received on or before Monday, August 19th either by email or by regular mail.?
VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com subject line: Brick Contest
VIA REGULAR MAIL TO:
DISCOVERY TIMES SQUARE BRICK CONTEST
70 West 40th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10018
• All submissions must include at least one, clear photo of the artwork for judging purposes. Email submission photos should be in a jpeg or PDF format. ?
• There are four age categories, ages 5-9; 10-14; 15-18; and 19 and above. ?
• There will be winners selected in each of the age categories.?
• Artwork will be judged by the Exhibit Designers and Producers. All decisions of the judges are final.
• Submissions can be no larger than 18” x 18” x 18”.
• Submissions must be original pieces of art and fully created by the entrant.
• Submissions must be created from LEGO® brand bricks or products. No DUPLO, Technic, or motorized elements, please.
• Submissions should not utilize any licensed characters (e.g., superheroes, Star Wars, SpongeBob, etc.) and should not come directly from kits nor infringe upon any others' intellectual property rights. We are looking for original artwork!
• Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone by Monday, August 26th.
• It is the winner's responsibility to deliver the winning artwork to the venue in Times Square prior to September 9th.
• The winner's artwork will be displayed at Discovery Times Square from September 16th through January 5th, 2014.
• After the exhibit closes on January 5th, the winners will be notified when the artwork is ready to be picked-up. It is the contestant's responsibility to pick up their pieces from Discovery Times Square. ?
• Discovery Times Square accepts no responsibility for breakage during transport, preparation for display or during the display period or for unclaimed pieces.?
• Winners who wish to participate will be expected to sign a release form for photography and/or media productions, release of liability, and statement of eligibility.
IN ADDITION, ALL WINNING ENTRANTS WILL RECEIVE:
• 6 complimentary tickets to the exhibition.
• Credit for their work as part of the display (only first names and first letter of last name, age of artist, and title of piece will be included in the credit).
• An autographed copy of Nathan Sawaya's "The Art of the Brick."
Important Dates to Remember:
• Monday August 19th: Final submissions accepted
• Monday August 22nd: Notification to all winning entries
• Monday August 16th – Monday September 9th: Delivery period
• Monday September 9th: Final delivery of all winning entries
• Monday September 16th: Winning entries begin display
Interested in attending THE ART OF THE BRICK exhibition? Click here to purchase tickets!